30 Days of Writers: J. F. Jenkins
Welcome to another installment of 30 Days of Writers! Today, I’m pleased to present J.F. Jenkins. I have known her for a few years now and adore her dragon series. (You can find it published on Amazon.) I still have my original copy of a draft she sent to me. We met through an online writing group and have been friends (and co-moderators) since then. I’m very happy she decided to join my celebration of writers!
1. Please tell us a little bit about you as a person.
Besides writing, I play video games. Lots and lots of video games of different kinds of genres! Then I read of course. I read all genres as well. I work what I like to call the day job, and serve coffee to customers in need of the boost.
2. Tell us about you as a writer.
I started writing in about 7th grade. That’s when I dove into fanfiction, actually. By high school, I was writing original stories. I first became published in 2011 when I put out my novel “Legend of the Oceina Dragon” and have put out several other novels since.
3. What types of writing have you written? Which is your favorite to write and why?
I’ve written a lot of fantasy and sci-fi. I like both genres a lot because I have so much more control over the worlds. It’s fun to just make all of these crazy things happen and make them plausible and interesting.
4. What are the three things you need at your side as you write? Why?
A drink, a snack, and a blanket. I get hungry, thirsty and cold a lot when I write.
5. If you were to give other writers one piece of advice, what would it be?
Relax, take your time, and don’t let anyone intimidate you. Never compare yourself to other people and just keep writing because you love it.
6. Where can we find out more about you?