1. Please tell us a little bit about you as a person.
I pride myself in being strange. I will often make a random comment just to raise eyebrows. Being from Arkansas and now in the Coast Guard, I have the unique opportunity to truly get a feel for many different cultures throughout the U.S. Aside from all of that, people watching has always and probably will always be my favorite sport.
2. Tell us about you as a writer.
I started by writing poetry in middle school, roughly 1999-2000ish. I'm not currently published.
Growing up, I would concoct elaborate stories about the simplest things. They told me that I should start writing books when I was in high school. But at the time I couldn't write dialogue so I got frustrated and gave up. I started again at 26 and have been at it since.
3. What types of writing have you written? Which is your favorite to write and why?
I have written poetry, horror, and I'm working on some fantasy. So far‚ fantasy is my favorite because the only limits are made by my imagination.
4. What are the three things you need at your side as you write? Why?
Ii need my pipe, music, and a comfortable chair. The music helps to drown out the real world and let me play in mine. I love smoking my pipes and the chair for obvious reasons.
5. If you were to give other writers one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't get discouraged - it is truly a rough world in the realm of writing. Sometimes it takes a long time for the currents to pull your idea to the top of this ocean.