How to Display Your Jewelry

Spring break is here and one of my many goals for it is to spring clean my apartment. I know it doesn’t sound like the most fun way to spend my break, but it makes me happy to have a clean and organized space. My apartment is in desperate need of this. Spring cleaning this year involves purging, organizing, and cleaning.

I spent this afternoon working on my bedroom, with my jewelry as a primary focus. I’m going to show you how I solved the problem of organizing my jewelry.  Prior to today, it was stored in boxes and various other things around the room. I found that I was wearing the same pieces over and over again because they were within sight. To be honest, I had no idea how much jewelry I had until today!  (If you follow me on instagram, you’ve already seen some of these pictures!)

You always need a before shot.

After: organized and decorative.

First step was to hang cork trivets from IKEA.
(At $2.99 for 3, they are inexpensive! I already had some in my craft storage.)

I always have the cutest helper!
(Ignore the mess – it happens when I organize.)

I used clear pushpins to hang my necklaces. This added sparkle and color to my wall!

For bracelets, I found three of my favorite bottles (they all have memories attached) and used them.

I found this white votive holder (at least that’s what it said on the bottom) in my office stuff. It was holding pushpins, but I found a new home for them and used it to hold my rings instead.

Stackable trays organize my earrings. I put them in the top drawer of my dresser so they are right there with the rest of my jewelry.

I added the leftover pushpins to my ring collection so that I have them for future necklace purchases.

This was one of my original jewelry organizers. It was also something I wanted to keep, so I found it a special job.

It now holds my “fancy” jewelry. In other words, it holds the more expensive pieces that I’ve acquired over the years.

What do you think? How do you organize your jewelry?

1. Kirsten Horton

April 14, 2014 at 12:49 am

ooh la la! This is my one of my favorite things ever! Jewelry is always so difficult to organize and I love how creatively you did it! Awesome job! 🙂

2. Hima Rajana

April 14, 2014 at 1:00 am

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! I have a cork board for all of my statement necklaces, but that's about it!

xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

3. Tara Simone

April 14, 2014 at 1:47 am

These are awesome ways to organize your jewelry. I like the bottle idea, but knowing me I'd end up knocking it over somehow. I currently have all of my stuff in two baskets on my dresser which sucks cause everything gets tangled and buried together.

4. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 2:50 am

I found a pin on pinterest last night that used cork tiles. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/55239532903737368/) I thought – I could use that to organize my jewelry. I was so excited that I wanted to do it today though without making a trip to the store. I found that I had the cork circles in my craft stuff. In the end, I like them better than the tiles because they add more personality! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

5. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 2:50 am

As I mentioned in the previous reply, I was inspired by a pin, but the cork circles were all my own doing! I love the way it turned out. I wasn't wearing half of this stuff and I'm hoping this helps me rotate more!

6. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 2:51 am

I saw the bottle idea on pinterest a long time ago, but I don't know where in order to give credit. I use bottles in my decorating a lot so I don't think I'll knock them over. Plus, I've found wine bottles to be pretty hardy when knocked over! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. 🙂

7. Kristen

April 14, 2014 at 1:20 pm

fancy- i need to do something with my jewelry but not sure what yet. i dont have a lot, so nothing crazy. thanks for the inspiration 🙂

8. Lora Ashley

April 14, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I love what you did! I need to do something with all of mine…

9. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Thanks! I didn't realize how much I had until I put it all out. I'm hoping I wear some of it now. 🙂

10. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thanks! It was really easy to do and I love that it doubles as colorful decoration. 🙂

11. Lauren Elizabeth

April 14, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Using the trivets is such a good idea! I'm going to have to go to Ikea and stock up on those!

12. Pam

April 14, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I know! I only had six in my craft stash, so now I think I'm going to have to get some more in case I want to add to the display! (The nearest IKEA is 3 hours away, so I guess I need a small road trip soon!)

13. Lisa @ Ameliorer la Vie

April 15, 2014 at 12:36 am

I love the push pin idea. Last week I spent over an hour untangling all of my necklaces!

14. Pam

April 15, 2014 at 1:37 am

I always had that problem! Now they're untangled and easy to see, which will help in the mornings!

15. The Rachael Way

April 15, 2014 at 3:05 am

This looks so great! Good job Pam!!

16. Elizabeth @ October June

April 21, 2014 at 3:05 am

Ooh, I really like this! I've been looking for fun and creative ways to display my jewelry. I'll have to try some of these out in a few months when I move into my new apartment! xx, Elizabeth