Amazing Workout

I found a great workout last week. It was fun and I hurt for two days after the workout. I could definitely feel where my muscles had been worked!

What was this great workout?

I’ll give you a picture clue…

I spent Thursday evening sweating as I worked my way through a pole fitness class. It only lasted an hour, but I felt the results for a couple of days!

How did I find this class? One of the meetup groups that I’m a part of had it as an upcoming meetup. I’ve always been curious about pole fitness (because I’d heard great things before) and decided that it sounded like a great outing. The meetup was $21 and that seemed reasonable for a night of trying something new. I’m always up for trying something new.

I enjoyed the class so much! We started with some stretching that resembled yoga and pilates put together before moving onto different pole moves. After we worked on the pole, we did some conditioning moves with the poles as well. Those were really a workout on my arms, legs, and abs. Like I said, I hurt for days.

Poles are usually associated with strippers, which is what had me leery about trying pole fitness. However, this class was not about strippers. Instead, it was about having fun and getting a great workout! I loved it so much that I’m even considering joining in on the next 5 week stretch of classes before I leave SC!

To top it off, our instructor took this adorable picture of us after class!

So, what’s your favorite form of exercise?

1. Kelly

June 18, 2014 at 1:52 am

I have always wanted to try one!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

2. Caity O'Shaughnessy

June 18, 2014 at 2:45 am

I've ALWAYS wanted to try one of these! My friend went for a bachelorette party and said it was sooo hard!

3. Natalie A

June 18, 2014 at 3:41 am

Fun!! I've always thought that looked really cool 🙂

4. Sockwun Phng

June 18, 2014 at 5:10 am

I have been in pole fitness for almost a year now. I graduated Level One in February. I definitely encourage everyone to try it because it is fun, empowering, and an amazing workout! Pole conditioning in itself is a great, tiring workout like you said, and it toned and strengthened me like crazy! I have been going to one pole class and two pole conditioning classes every week since I started, and not only can I feel the difference, I can see it too! Thank you for sharing your experience! People need to start shedding the stigma that pole dancing is only for slutty girls.

xoxo
    Sockwun
    ExtraExtravagant.com

5. Sockwun Phng

June 18, 2014 at 5:12 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

6. Julie @ Girl on the Move

June 18, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I've always wanted to try a class and it sounds like it was both a great workout and a lot of fun!

7. Pam

June 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Me too! That's why I jumped at the opportunity. 🙂

8. Pam

June 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

It was definitely hard – but fun at the same time! That's a combination I love. 🙂

9. Pam

June 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

It was a lot of fun. If you ever get a chance, try it out! I know Groupon and LivingSocial sometimes have deals for classes. 🙂

10. Pam

June 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

That's exciting! I definitely enjoyed it – even the conditioning part. Thanks so much for stopping by and giving your view on it as well! I agree that the stigma definitely needs to be shed.

11. Pam

June 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

It was! I highly recommend trying it out if you ever get the chance. 🙂