One of my goals this year has been to increase productivity. This means focusing on getting more done each day and not having a ton of unfinished items. While I was figuring out how to best title this post about time management, I happened across a post from the Dollar Shave Club, which gave me the idea for the title. After all, a big part of managing time is shaving it into smaller parts and clearing things on your to do list. I’m going to give you a few tips for shaving time and a free printable to help you accomplish it.
1. Make a to do list. How can you get things done if you don’t even know what needs to be done? Keep a running to do list and add to it as things come up. If something has a deadline, make sure to include it on your to do list!
2. Enlist help as needed. Don’t be afraid to admit that you might need a little bit of help. Asking for help is hard, but sometimes needed. When you enlist someone to help you, you can cut your to do list down in size quicker. Two heads are better than one after all!
3. Keep your to do list small. I know I just said to keep a running to do list. I bet you’re thinking that the list will get rather long. And you are definitely right! Take items off of that big to do list and put them onto daily to do lists. This is the list you should keep small. If you put too many things on the list, you’ll never get it done each day. Keep it small. Four to six items should be your max for a day. You may need to shorten this amount during the week and extend it on the weekends.
Remember to write a small list to get done each day. I’m including a “To Do” printable just for that. Click on the picture to get your free printable!
Here’s how to use it:
1. Print it out.
2. Cut it out.
3. Place it inside a 5 x 7 picture frame.
4. Use a dry erase marker to change it out each day.
It’s the perfect, cute addition to your busy life. Not only will you be saving paper by using the picture frame, but you’ll also be saving time by getting things done!
Bonus tip: Invest in companies that make it easier to save time. Companies like Dollar Shave Club, which delivers razors
straight to your door make it easier to keep to your to do list – especially when you don’t have to make that emergency trip to the store to pick up the razor you forgot last time!