If you’ve been following my blog (or my social media), you’ll know that I started a new round of 21 Day Fix last Tuesday. If you haven’t been following the blog, then you’re just now finding this out! I promised to give you weekly updates of my progress. Since today marks the start of week 2, I felt it was time for the next progress update!
I am a Beachbody coach, so I do make money if you purchase the program (you also get one on one support from me when you purchase). However, all of the results and opinions listed in this post are my own. I would not be a coach if I didn’t believe in their products 100%.
I woke up yesterday and realized that it was Day 7 of the plan. Day 7 means measurements to see how you’re progressing. I didn’t want to take measurements because I knew I hadn’t been perfect with the eating plan. (I was mostly perfect but with the hubby home only for the summer, it’s hard to be 100% perfect.) I got out the measuring tape and scale and did the measurements anyways. My results weren’t what I expected at all. I lost 2 pounds and 5 inches over the course of last week!
As I enter week 2, I’ve been thinking of ways to keep myself motivated. In the past, when I have tried the program, I generally fall off around week 2 regardless of results. I’ve prepared a list below of things I’m going to do to help keep myself motivated. These are small, simple tips that can be applied to various aspects of life.
1. Create a motivation board. I’m using Pinterest at the moment to create a board with visual reminders of why I’m doing these workouts and what I’m working towards.
2. Reward yourself. Last week, I went to Old Navy and bought a few new workout tanks as a reward for sticking with the program. I haven’t come up with my reward for this week yet but I am in need of a pedicure. (With rewards, remember to keep them non-food and affordable for you. It could be as simple as a bubble bath.)
3. Set new goals. My goal last week was simply to stick as close to the plan as I could with the hubby home. My goal this week is to completely give up soda (I’m down to the very occasional soda) and stick even closer to the meal plan. (So far, so good!)
4. Try new things. This could be in the form of new workouts (maybe add in one of the bonus workouts from the program) or new recipes. I got my copy of Fixate (the new 21 Day Fix cookbook)last week and I’ve got a couple of new things on the menu to try. We also got our new spiralizer last week and tried out zucchini noodles last night. They were a big hit!
5. Relax and move on. One of my biggest problems in the past has been having an off day and then giving up. I am determined to not let that happen this time. (So far, so good – last Friday at the beach definitely qualifies as an off day!) I’m pushing hard to remember to keep going even if I mess up. Quitters don’t get results.
So, there you have it – five simple techniques that I came up with to help keep my momentum moving forward. I don’t want to disappear in the middle of the program after all!
Are you curious about the 21 Day Fix? Are you interested in changing your habits? I have a few opportunities below to help you get started!
1. Sign up for my Healthy Moments newsletter. This is a weekly newsletter filled with healthy living tips, recipes, and even free printables.
2. Join my free health group on Facebook. In order to do this, read #3 and leave a comment in the event page letting me know you’d like to be added.
3. Attend a free informational event about 21 Day Fix and other Beachbody products. Click the event link to go to the free event I’m hosting this week on Facebook. It’s simply an informational event to help you figure out if Beachbody products, like the 21 Day Fix are right for you.
4. Get in touch with me! I have a challenge group that starts on August 3 with a prep week followed by the 21 Day Fix program. This means you could have a new body and more energy by September! If you’d like to talk about the different ways to make this happen, let me know through the event page and we can have a free chat!
And that’s that – my update after one week of the 21 Day Fix. I’m still a little shocked that I lost two pounds – imagine what would have happened if I had followed the plan exactly! (Yes, I see another more perfect round of 21 Day Fix in my future.)