21 Day Fix: Week 2 Update
I gave up on the scale this week. I was checking my weight regularly after reading an article (which I can’t find now) that said daily weigh-ins can help with motivation. The yo-yo effect of the scale wasn’t helping me one bit (it was going up and down a lot last week). So, I gave up on the scale and decided to focus on the non-scale victories. Non-scale victories are the ones that have nothing to do with the scale.
Here are a few of the non-scale victories I’ve been noticing lately:
1. I can do more reps of each exercise without tiring out.
2. I need to get heavier weights because a few of the exercises are becoming too easy.
3. I can hold the plank for the entire minute.
4. I’m naturally picking healthier options.
5. I tried a new vegetable!
6. Exercise is becoming a daily habit. I have skipped a couple of the workouts, but only on days when I did some other form of exercise.
7. I’m looking forward to trying out the eating plan full force when I start Cize in mid-August.
8. I’m learning to like exercise.
9. I’m liking what I see in the mirror and how my clothes are fitting.
I found I regained some of my motivation once I started focusing on the non-scale victories. The scale isn’t always the best thing to judge your progress by. I hope you’ll keep that in mind when judging your own progress with a program.
Interested in doing the 21 Day Fix yourself or in joining me when I test out Cize? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your email in the comments below and we can chat! I would love to help get others excited about a healthier lifestyle too. 🙂
I’m also hosting a FREE 5 Day Clean Eating challenge that starts Monday. You can find all of the details and join that challenge here. It’ll be a short challenge with menus and workouts provided for you!