If you've been following the blog lately then you know that I started a new round of 21 Day Fix. As I stated in the last update, I've been doing good with the exercises and semi-good with the food. Hubby has a deployment coming up soon, so I've allowed myself a little more flexibility in the food plan. This week's update will be short because we leave to go camping today and there's still things on the to do list to get done first. I wanted to give an update before we left though.
I gave up on the scale this week. I was checking my weight regularly after reading an article (which I can't find now) that said daily weigh-ins can help with motivation. The yo-yo effect of the scale wasn't helping me one bit (it was going up and down a lot last week). So, I gave up on the scale and decided to focus on the non-scale victories. Non-scale victories are the ones that have nothing to do with the scale.
Here are a few of the non-scale victories I've been noticing lately:
1. I can do more reps of each exercise without tiring out.
2. I need to get heavier weights because a few of the exercises are becoming too easy.
3. I can hold the plank for the entire minute.
4. I'm naturally picking healthier options.
5. I tried a new vegetable!
6. Exercise is becoming a daily habit. I have skipped a couple of the workouts, but only on days when I did some other form of exercise.
7. I'm looking forward to trying out the eating plan full force when I start Cize in mid-August.
8. I'm learning to like exercise.
9. I'm liking what I see in the mirror and how my clothes are fitting.
I found I regained some of my motivation once I started focusing on the non-scale victories. The scale isn't always the best thing to judge your progress by. I hope you'll keep that in mind when judging your own progress with a program.
Interested in doing the 21 Day Fix yourself or in joining me when I test out Cize? Email me at email@example.com or leave your email in the comments below and we can chat! I would love to help get others excited about a healthier lifestyle too. :)
I'm also hosting a FREE 5 Day Clean Eating challenge that starts Monday. You can find all of the details and join that challenge here. It'll be a short challenge with menus and workouts provided for you!