If you don’t have a crockpot, then make sure you check out the original version of this recipe. You can easily adapt it for a smaller size or keep your leftovers for additional meals. You can also check the original version for pictures of the steps. I forgot to take in progress pictures for this one!
Crockpot Zucchini Lasagna
Makes 1 serving
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of browned ground beef
2 cups of sauce of your choice
mozzarella cheese (optional)
parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Slice the zucchini into thin slices. I first cut the ends off and then slice it down the middle. From there, I create thin slices of the two halves.
2. Throw everything into the crockpot, making sure the sauce covers everything. (Adjust the 2 cups as needed. You may not need it all or you may need to add to it.) I used a 2 quart crockpot. If you’re using a bigger crockpot, you may need to adjust times or amounts.
3. Turn crockpot on high for 3-4 hours. (It was done at 3.5 hours for me.) I recommend monitoring this recipe the first time you create it. I originally planned for four hours but turned it to warm at 3.5 hours because the sauce was starting to make popping noises.
4. Turn the crockpot to warm and let sit for about 30 minutes. This will help the liquid absorb better.
5. Use a slotted spoon to put the lasagna onto a plate and enjoy! (The zucchini makes things a little watery, which is why I recommend using a slotted spoon.)
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I know I did. 🙂
Make sure you return next Friday for a big announcement concerning the ebook I’m working on and how you can get a first peek at what it will contain!