November Intentions & Monthly Goal Link Up
Setting goals and intentions is one thing that constantly keeps me moving forward. I prefer to set intentions rather than goals. To me, intentions are things that I plan to do whereas goals are things that I am working towards. Plans and actions seem more attainable. I’m sharing my intentions for November below and then I encourage you to share any post you might have related to planning and striving for new achievements in November!
Before we jump into my intentions for November, let’s take a look at how I did on my October ones.
Goal #1: Stick to my blog schedule.
– Schedule time to batch post. – Schedule social media using CoSchedule & Hootsuite. – Utilize power hour.
Unfortunately, I didn’t set quantities for these goals so I have no way to truly “check them off.” I did batch post twice during the month and scheduled most of my social media with CoSchedule & Hootsuite. There are still improvements I’d like to make in those areas.
Goal #2: Create a daily routine.
– Create & follow morning routine.
– Create & follow evening routine.
I’m starting to think I’m not a “routine” person. I’ve started establishing little routines for myself but there’s still a lot of chaos surrounding me and throwing me off.
Goal #3: Create a business plan with short term and long term goals.
– Use learning hour during week 1 & 2 to research and learn about the process. – Use learning hour during week 3 & 4 to establish a plan.
I didn’t necessarily get it written down in an organized fashion, but I have a timeline and a “plan” of sorts so I’m going to consider this one successful for now and revise it for this month.
Goal #4: Update the blog layout.
– Create graphics using the selected color palette.
– Create media kit.
– Order business cards.
– Update pages and tags.
I worked on this some but not to the point that I feel comfortable crossing items off the list. (Other than the media kit which is complete!)
Goal #5: Start organizing the house.
– Organize DVDs & CDs. – Finish organizing craft supplies. – Establish order in the kitchen cabinets.
I have to say that I really liked the way I organized my intentions for last month. I intend to do the same this month, but make them a bit more specific.
One: Write a book.
– Week 1 – Create a chapter outline and organization system for the book.
– Week 2 – Jot down ideas for each chapter. (Friend in town this week.)
– Week 3-5 – Write the book.
Two: Update the layout of Hodge Podge Moments.
– Week 1 – Establish pages.
– Week 2 – Break for friend visit.
– Week 3 – Create graphics & update layout.
– Week 4-5 – Work on organizing posts via tags.
Four: Continue organizing the house.
– Establish office overflow in basement.
– Finish painting entertainment center.
– Paint baby’s dresser.
– Fingers crossed for new carpet by the end of the month!
Five: Establish a bi-weekly plan for blogging and life.
– Create a system that works with my husband’s work schedule. More details coming (along with a printable in The Happy Files) as I work on this one.
What about you? What’s on your list of things to accomplish in November? Link up your related post below or share in the comments!