It’s a new month, which means it’s time for me to share my goals for the month. One of my goals in 2018 is to make some big improvements to the blog. There’s a post coming next week about all of the big changes, but let’s just say they’re good changes – changes that make things more coherent and focused. While I was deciding on these changes, I had a debate with myself on whether or not I should still do monthly goals posts. I ended up deciding that goal setting and being authentic is a huge part of me and this blog, so they will be staying. However, I do hope to bring in some tips with future monthly updates.
The new year is a great time for a fresh start and new outlook. I’m not really starting fresh, but I’m definitely trying to change my mindset on quite a few different things as I move forward with getting serious about blogging and business. I’ve been calling myself a blogger for four years now and yet there’s still many things I don’t know. 2018 is going to be my year of change and growth.
My word of the year is intentional and I intend to approach everything with intention. I want to put thought behind my choices. I’ve been guilty of saying “yes” too many times in the past when I should’ve said “no.” This year I’m changing that and leading with intention. If something doesn’t serve my goals, then I’m going to think twice before agreeing to take it on.
In the past, I’ve chosen a word of the month in addition to a word of the year. I’m hoping to continue that tradition this year. I’ve thought long and hard on January and which word I would like to select. Simple seems to fit well with what I’m trying to achieve this month. I’m wanting to simplify things around the house, in my blog, and in general. I’ll be decluttering and organizing around the house in the Room by Room Challenge. I’m working on creating systems and utilizing automation for many of my blogging tasks. And I’m working to simplify my routines and habits around the house and in my personal life. All in all, I feel like simple is the perfect fit for this month.
1. Increase pageviews to 3,000 this month.
2. Have a successful launch of the Room by Room Challenge.
3. Set up a Pinterest scheduler. (Tailwind and/or Boardbooster. Post with thoughts on both coming soon. Currently testing out a trial of each.)
4. Organize and complete current courses.
1. Print birthday calendar and create card system.
2. Take California Bestie to all of our favorite places.
3. Practice more patience with my family. Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.
4. Set up and use my planner daily.
1. Create “To Be Read” list to work through.
2. Take a “me day” this month. Encourage the husband to take one in return.
3. Solidify my bedtime routine. (shower, tea, reading, hygiene, bed)
4. Learn how to make hats using a loom.
1. Implement a weekly workout plan.
2. Drink more water.
3. Return to healthy eating habits.
1. Declutter and organize with the Room by Room Challenge.
2. Research entertainment systems.
3. Organize and evaluate baby stuff.
As you can see, I’ve kept these goals simple and to the point. I’ve given you the overview of what I’d like to achieve, but you better believe that I’ve worked out the steps I’m going to take to achieve each goal using my Goal Setting Workbook, which you can snag for free by simply clicking that link!
What goals have you set for January? If you had to pick a word of the month, what word would you use to describe your January goals?