One of my favorite forms of self care is a simple, homemade sugar scrub that can be made in under five minutes and leaves my legs silky smooth. This natural sugar scrub is a great addition to your self care kit and makes a great gift for others.
*This post contains affiliate links. I do make a small commission from these links; however, I only recommend products that I love. You can view my disclosure here.*
Homemade Sugar Scrub
I love using a sugar scrub before I shave because it leaves my legs feeling smooth at the end. (I used to make this quick two minute sugar scrub, but that was before I discovered the power of coconut oil.) The scrub I’ve shared below is one of my favorites because I can use it before I shave and then, I’m able to shave without using shave gel. I am the queen of cutting myself when shaving so discovering this nifty scrub made me beyond happy!
- small glass jar (with plastic lid)
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- sugar (white or brown)
- add ins of choice
- If you’re using coconut oil, heat it in the microwave until it’s a liquid. One or two spoonfuls should do. If you’re using olive oil, put a layer in the bottom of your glass jar.
- Add sugar to the jar one spoonful at a time.
- Mix the oil and sugar together and continue adding more sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- To make your scrub more fun, you can mix in essential oils, green tea, coffee grounds, or another mix in of choice. I recommend browsing Pinterest for ideas. My favorite add in is lavender essential oil since I tend to shower before bed and lavender helps me relax.
- Use your scrub immediately or store for the future. Your scrub can be used as a body scrub or lip scrub. (If you used coconut oil and store it for the future, then run the jar under hot water before using to make it easier to use.)
And there you have it – an easy to make sugar scrub! Chances are you already have the ingredients in your kitchen! It’s the perfect self care solution on a busy day and it makes an excellent gift for others!
How do you like to pamper yourself?