June has always been the unofficial start of summer to me. This probably stems from my years as a teacher when summer vacation would start in June.
Summer is one of my favorite times for adventure and exploring new things. This year I’m even more excited than normal because our winter was quite rocky. This year summer feels like a fresh start. (We just barely got rid of winter weather.)
We have many things that we want to experience and accomplish this summer. I thought it would be fun to share some of these on the blog as a part of my Blog Everyday Challenge.
So, without further ado, here is our summer bucket list. I’ll try to come back and update it as we find new things to add.
1. Go to the Mid Michigan Renaissance Festival.
2. Visit with Family when they come to visit. (We’ll be visiting the zoo, Legoland, and a children’s museum during that time.)
3. Go to the splash pad.
4. Have a picnic, even if it’s just in the backyard.
5. Visit 3 new parks.
6. Explore a new town.
7. Visit Lexington Brewery.
8. Take the boys to do the upick at Blake’s Farm.
9. Host a play date at our house.
10. Participate in the library’s summer reading program.
11. Plan a fun summer date night (at home).
12. Make smores.
13. Let the toddler stay up late to watch the fireworks from our back porch.
14. Go to the 4-H fair.
15. Continue to declutter and host a yard sale.
16. Work on our multitude of house projects.
Which of these sounds like the most fun to you? What’s on your list for the summer? I’d love to continue the conversation in the comments below!