I’ve got another great interview for you today! Allow me to introduce Liz Botts!
1. Please tell us a little bit about you as a person.
I live in northern Illinois with my husband and our three kids. We homeschool so that keeps me pretty busy. I love spending so much time with my kids. My favorite kinds of days are rainy ones that include books.
2. Tell us about you as a writer.
I started writing young, and spent a chunk of high school creating characters in my journals rather than pay attention in classes like math and chemistry. I have seven novels and novellas out with Astraea Press and Musa Publishing.
3. What types of writing have you written? Which is your favorite to write and why?
I have written YA romance and contemporary romance. I have also done a gothic novella and a novella based on the Santa myth. Right now I’m working on a dystopian novel, a faith based novel, and a regency. I don’t know if I have a favorite but I love characters that click.
4. What are the three things you need at your side as you write? Why?
– My master notebook where I keep all my notes on characters and plot points.
– My Pinterest inspiration boards.
– My dog. He always sleeps at my feet.
5. If you were to give other writers one piece of advice, what would it be?
Check your ego at the door. Listen to feedback and constantly try to improve.
6. Where can we find out more about you?
My website: www.lizbotts.com
I love the one piece of advice you would give to a writer: check your ego at the door. Amen to that!