Last week, I posted about the #RAOKmoments
movement that I’m hosting with other bloggers. We’re encouraging you to spread the love and kindness this Valentine’s Day and share it on social media using the tag #RAOKmoments.
In that post, I told you that I’d share some ideas for your Random Acts of Kindness in another post. Well, here’s that post! Below are some small things you can do to spread the kindness.
1. Leave a kind note or card with your tip for your server.
2. Leave a random note in a coworker’s box. Don’t sign it – it’s all about being random!
3. Pay it forward when you’re in line at Starbucks. Pay a few extra dollars and the person behind you will get a surprise when their drink is free.
4. Help someone carry their groceries to the car.
5. Donate some of your old stuff to the local goodwill or shelter.
7. Let someone go ahead of you in line.
8. Hold the door for the person behind you.
9. Let someone else have the last piece.
10. Invite a friend over to enjoy the day – especially someone who might be feeling lonely this Valentine’s weekend.
11. Leave a positive note on someone’s windshield! Imagine their surprise when they find a nice note instead of a flyer advertising something. 🙂
12. Leave post-it messages on a neighbor’s door.
13. Comment on someone’s blog or social media without expecting anything in return. It always makes me happier when someone has shown me a little love.
14. Surprise a blogger you admire by randomly promoting your favorite post of theirs on social media.
15. Pay it forward in another setting (one good example would be leaving quarters for someone else’s load of laundry).
Just remember to have fun and spread the kindness this Valentine’s Day! Even a small, simple gesture can make a big difference in someone’s day!
Don’t forget to share your moments with us on social media using #RAOKmoments! Let’s make a difference this holiday weekend!