This week for the Blogger Book Drive
, we’re talking about our favorite authors. This post was the hardest of our series for me to write. This is part of the reason it’s going up so late today as well. I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about who I wanted to share with you.
Affiliate links are used in this post. I make a small amount of money from these links which helps keep Hodge Podge Moments up and running.
I’m going to give you my top 5 list since that seems to be a continuous theme with this series.
1. Jane Austen
– I feel that everyone should have on classic author on their list of favorites. Mine is Jane Austen because I absolutely love the story of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett that is told in Pride and Prejudice
. If you’ve never read the book, I highly encourage you to pick up a copy. (Or you could try watching the movie, although it’s not nearly as good as the book!)
2. John Green
– The first book I read by John Green was The Fault in Our Stars
. I read it as part of a book club and then went to see the movie with my best friend. I was pleasantly surprised by the book. When I saw that Papertowns
was coming to theaters, I decided to read another of his books. I was once again very happy with the book. I haven’t seen the movie for that one yet. I do see more John Green books in my future.
3. Sophie Kinsella
– I love reading Sophie Kinsella’s book when I want a laugh. I first started with her Shopaholic
series and since then have read several of her other books. I love the way they are spotted with humor and fun. They are great when you need something light to read. (Poolside read anyone?)
4. Dr. Seuss – As a teacher, I love children’s books. As cliché as it sounds, Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite children’s book authors. His books are full of fun stories and great lessons for kids. I could spend a lot of time talking about the benefit of reading his books, but I don’t want to bore you! Let’s just say I love their whimsical nature and easy to read formats!
5. Rainbow Rowell
– I first heard about Rainbow Rowell when I shared an interview
from YALL fest on my blog. I enjoyed reading and sharing this author so much that I decided to check out her books. The first one I read by her was Attachments
. It was a fun read that I enjoyed a lot. As a result, I now have several other books by her on my to read list (which is always growing).
I’m always on the lookout for new authors and books to read, so make sure you share your favorite authors in the comments so that I can check them out!
Tweet: Check out who @hodgepodgepam picked as her favorite authors for the #BloggerBookDrive! http://bit.ly/1IYTnEf
And, don’t forget to donate to the Blogger Book Drive
and link up your book-related posts below!