Kindness. Cheer. Charity. It doesn’t matter what you call it – being nice to others is an important part of life – at the holidays and throughout the year. Today’s task for Holiday Moments
is to do an act of kindness for someone. If you’re subscribed to the newsletter, then you’ll have received kindness notes to leave with friends, family, and even strangers. If you’re not subscribed to the newsletter, then sign up here
! Below, you’ll find additional ideas for spreading cheer this time of year.
Here’s some simple ideas for spreading cheer to friends, family, and even strangers during the holidays. Many of these can be extended to other parts of the year as well!
1. Donate to your favorite charity.
2. Help serve food at a shelter.
3. Help wrap gifts for kids in need.
4. Pick an angel from a local Angel Tree.
5. Pay it forward while you’re at a restaurant.
6. Leave friendly notes for others to find. They could even be anonymous notes.
7. Shovel snow for a neighbor while you’re clearing your own path.
8. Offer free babysitting to a friend so that they can shop in peace.
9. Bake cookies to offer to others. (I recommend only offering these to people who know you. Strangers might find this gesture a bit weird.)
10. Simply be nice to others when you’re out shopping. Stress and annoyance runs high in the busy stores this time of year. Slow down and remember that everyone is trying to accomplish something this time of year.
What are you favorite ways to spread cheer this time of year?
As Buddy the Elf (from Elf the movie) says “There’s room for everyone on the nice list.”